So the second midterm has come and gone, and I'm a little uncertain but also relieved. I was worried about correctness proofs; looking at the binary search proof, it felt really rigorous -- and my proof on the midterm wasn't so much. I tried to cover all my bases, but I'm still paranoid that something was lacking.
I also drew a narwhal on the midterm. It's now a running gag and I've been faithfully drawing some depiction of a narwhal on any remotely test-like thing (since the first midterm), although I'm not sure if any one person can tell (different people marking different things). It cheers me up and relaxes me, so I can think better (and saying that is a good excuse to draw a narwhal). I have no idea what narwhals have to do with computational theory.
Also, an amusing observation about saving time with recursive calls: assigning the recursive call's value to a variable only works in non-lazy languages, otherwise the language might still evaluate the variable twice and the time complexity will remain the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment